Update: Giveaway of 46 ROAR! Together Online Accelerator 6 Months Accesses to SEO Women looking for Personal Development and Confidence Advice
September 18 Update at 12:21h: The number of ROAR! Together spots given away are not 46 thanks to the generosity of Deepcrawl that is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots! Thanks so much Deepcrawl for your kind support.
September 17 Update at 18:37h: The number of seats for the 6 months ROAR! Together online accelerator given away is now of 44 thanks to the kind sponsorship of Hennessey Digital. Thank you very much to the amazing Hennessey Digital team for their support 🙂
September 17 Update at 13h CET: The number of spots for the 6 months ROAR! Together online accelerator given away is now of 42, thanks to the kind sponsorship of 2 spots by Andy Drinkwater from IQSEO. Thanks so much, Andy!
September 16 Update at 19:07h CET: I’m delighted to announce that the giveaway has now grown to 40 ROAR! Together spots! Thanks to the amazing support from awesome people and organizations that has allowed to reach that number: James Gurd from Digital Juggler (1 spots), Matt Davies from Slingshot Search (1 spots), Impression – Digital Marketing Agency is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots, you’re very kind!
September 16 Update at 13:40h CET: The giveaway is now of 36 ROAR! Together spots thanks to the sponsorship of 3 accesses from SEMrush – thanks SO much to the SEMrush team for your kind support 🙂
September 16 Update at 9:50h CET: The giveaway has now grown to 33 ROAR! Together spots thanks to the sponsorship of 2 accesses from Christoph Cemper & Link Research Tools 🙂 Thanks so much for your support, Christoph.
September 15 Update at 9:55h CET: The giveaway has now grown to 31 ROAR! Together spots thanks to new sponsorship from the so very kind and supportive Ian Lurie (1 spot), UpBuild (3 spots), Pete Watson-Wailes from Hirundin (1 spot), @Ecommerce (2 spots), Jackie Chu (1 spot), Ryan Glass (1 spot), Mark Johnstone from ContentHubble (2 spots)! Thanks a lot for your support.
September 14 Update at 21:15h CET: The giveaway has now grown to 20 ROAR! Together spots thanks to the kind sponsorship of Tom Rayner, who’s sponsoring 1 access; Luke Carthy, Ecommerce Growth Consultant who’s sponsoring 1 access and Rand Fishkin from SparkToro who is also sponsoring 1 spot. Thank you all very much for your support 🙂 It’s amazing that we’ve reached the 20 accesses to give away!
September 14 Update at 18:20h CET: The giveaway is now of 17 ROAR Together! accesses thanks to the kind support of Dana DiTomaso from Kick Point -Canadian based Digital Marketing agency-, sponsoring 1 ROAR Together! spot and James Brockbank from Digitaloft -UK based Digital Marketing agency- who’s sponsoring another one. Thanks so much to both!
September 14 Update at 16h CET: We’ve now reached the amazing number of 15 ROAR Together! accesses in the giveaway thanks to the amazing support of Martin Splitt -Developer Advocate at Google and all around wonderful person- who’s sponsoring 2 accesses… thank you very much for your support, Martin, you rock!
September 14 Update at 15:30h CET: New sponsorships are here and we’re now at 13 ROAR Together! accesses, thanks to the kindness of the amazing Dom Hodgson from SEO configurations alerts tool, LittleWarden who is sponsoring 2 accesses and Dan Leibson from Local SEO Guide who is sponsoring 1 access… thanks for your support!
September 14 Update at 14:20h CET: Thanks to the wonderful sponsorship of Shift 6, online PR agency lead by the wonderful Lexi Mills that is sponsoring one more ROAR Together! access and the sponsorship of Screaming Frog, SEO crawler and agency lead by Dan Sharp who are contributing with 2 accesses, we’ve now reached a total of 10 ROAR Together! Online Accelerator 6 months accesses that are going to be given away to SEO women looking to boost their confidence. This is wonderful 🙂
September 14 Update at 13:50h CET: Excellent news! The giveaway is growing again and will now give 7 ROAR! Together! Online Accelerator accesses thanks to the sponsorship of two more of them by Aira, digital marketing agency lead by the awesome Paddy Moogan. Thanks for your support.
September 14 Update at 11:30 AM CET: I’m very excited to announce that the awesome Sitebulb team wants to support the giveaway by sponsoring 2 more extra 6 months accesses to ROAR Together! Online Accelerator. Thanks to their sponsorship the giveaway is now of 5 ROAR! Together 6 months accesses for Women in SEO. I’m so very thankful for your support.
September 14 Update at 10:41 AM CET: After yesterday’s announcement of the giveaway, Gisele Navarro, CEO of Link Building Agency NeoMam, got in touch with me offering to sponsor another ROAR Together! 6 months membership so that an additional woman in SEO can have access to it. I want to thank Gisele for her and NeoMam support. Thanks to her sponsorship now the giveaway is of 3 ROAR Together! 6 months accesses for Women in SEO.
TL;DR posted on September 13: I’m giving away two 6 months accesses to Roar Together! completely for free to SEO women looking for personal development and confidence advice. You can participate just by leaving a comment to this post expressing your interest to participate along your name and link to your website/social profile so I can get in touch with you if you win. I’ll select the winners randomly among all who leave their interest to participate in the comments (and whose comments are published) and I’ll announce the winners on September 28 2020 over here.
Why am I doing this?
In recent times I’ve come across to scenarios, like:
- Having conversations to help first time speakers of a conference, in which women double questioned themselves about being “really ready” to speak in which the men in the same scenario didn’t communicated to have these issues.
- Received many pitches to be featured in #SEOFOMO (my SEO newsletter) or Crawling Mondays (my SEO video series) in which around 90% of these pitches came from men.
These types of scenarios, along a recent study published by Nicole DeLeon showing how we still have a gender gap issue in the SEO industry, not only in terms of the presence of Women, but in the positions held and the salaries we earn vs. men.
On Friday I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a conversation organized by Search Engine Land about this, hosted by Ginny Marvin, along Nicole DeLeon and Amanda Jordan, in which we went through the many different scenarios, reasons and consequences of this, as well as the excellent initiatives that already exist for SEO women (such as Areej AbuAli’s Women in Tech SEO, or Mujeres en SEO -for Spanish speaking women-).
Among many reasons discussed in the chat, was the lack of self-confidence that can hurt women career advancement: when asking for a pay raise, when applying and interviewing for jobs, when deciding to speak at conferences or contributing with blog posts in industry publications, etc. It’s an important issue holding women back!
The Original Giveaway on September 13: Giving away initially 2 Roar Together! 6 months accesses…
I want to start contributing to solve this issue, beginning by giving away two 6 months accesses to Roar Together! completely for free to SEO women looking for personal development and confidence advice. Roar! Together is an online accelerator to supercharge people’s success, including group coaching, webinars, guided meditations, and a community, founded by the one and only Kirsty Hulse.
So if you’re a Women in SEO who would like to get their confidence boosted with Roar Together! training during 6 months for free, just leave your comment below, with your name and linking to your website/social profile so I can get in touch with you if you win.
I’ll be selecting the two winners randomly among the published comments on September 28 2020, to give enough time for women in SEO to express their interest to participate. I’ll announce who are the winners in this same post on September 28 (and I’ll share it too across my social channels too).
If for some reason I don’t get an answer from a winner after 7 days of the announcement -I’ll be getting in touch via the site/social channel that is shared in the comment-, I’ll select a new one … until I do 🙂
Updated Giveaway on September 14: Now giving away 46 Roar Together! Accesses thanks to the sponsorship of more people and companies!
After yesterday’s announcement of the giveaway amazingly supportive companies have gotten in touch to sponsor more Roar Together! accesses to add to the giveaway:
- Gisele Navarro, CEO of Link Building Agency NeoMam, got in touch with me offering to sponsor another ROAR Together! 6 months membership so that an additional woman in SEO can have access to it. I want to thank Gisele for her and NeoMam support.
- The awesome Sitebulb team wants to support the giveaway by sponsoring 2 more extra 6 months accesses to ROAR Together! Online Accelerator.
- Aira, the digital marketing agency lead by the awesome Paddy Moogan is sponsoring 2 extra 6 months accesses to ROAR Together! Online Accelerator.
- Screaming Frog, the well known SEO crawler and digital marketing agency lead by Dan Sharp is contributing with 2 accesses! Thanks so much Dan and Screaming Frog 🙂
- Shift 6, online PR agency lead by the wonderful Lexi Mills is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together! access.
- Dom Hodgson from SEO configurations alerts tool, LittleWarden is sponsoring 2 accesses.
- Dan Leibson from Local SEO Guide is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together! access.
- Martin Splitt -developer Advocate at Google and all around wonderful person- is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together accesses.
- Dana DiTomaso from Kick Point is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together! spot. Thank you Dana 🙂
- James Brockbank from Digitaloft -UK based Digital Marketing agency-, sponsoring 1 Roar Together spot. Thanks James!
- Tom Rayner is sponsoring 1 Roar Together access. Thank you very much, Tom!
- Luke Carthy, Ecommerce Growth Consultant is sponsoring 1 Roar Together access. Thank you, Luke!
- Rand Fishkin from SparkToro is sponsoring 1 Roar Together access. Thanks for your support, Rand!
- Ian Lurie, Digital marketing and SEO Consultant is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together access. Thank you very much, Ian 🙂
- UpBuild, End-to-End Optimization agency is sponsoring 3 ROAR Together spots. Thank you very much for your kind support, UpBuild.
- Pete Watson-Wailes from Hirundin is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together access. Thank you Pete!
- @Ecommerce is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots! Thank you very much to the awesome ECommerce team.
- Jackie Chu, the awesome SEO Lead at Uber is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together access. Thanks so much for your support, Jackie!
- Ryan Glass, amazing SEO specialist and excellent person, is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together spot. Thank you!
- Mark Johnstone from ContentHubble is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots! Thank you very much for your kindness, Mark 🙂
- Christoph Cemper & Link Research Tools is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together accesses! Thank you very much for your support.
- SEMrush is kindly sponsoring 3 ROAR Together spots! Thank you very much to the awesome SEMrush team for their support 🙂
- James Gurd from Digital Juggler, is sponsoring 1 ROAR Together access. Thank you very much James!
- Matt Davies from Slingshot Search, is kindly sponsoring 1 ROAR Together spot. Thanks so much for your sponsorship, Matt!
- Impression – Digital Marketing Agency is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together tickets. Thank you very much for your kind sponsorship Impression 🙂
- Andy Drinkwater from IQSEO is kindly sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots. Thanks so much, Andy!
- Hennessey Digital is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together seats. Thank you very much to the amazing Hennessey Digital team for their support 🙂
- Deepcrawl is sponsoring 2 ROAR Together spots! Thanks so much Deepcrawl for your kind support.
Thanks to their sponsorship the giveaway is now of 46 ROAR! Together 6 months accesses for Women in SEO. I’m so very thankful for your support.
If you’re a company who would like to support this initiative, please get in touch with me here.
Are you an SEO woman looking to boost your confidence? Just leave a comment below with your name & website/social profile to participate!
Typical Giveaways Rules I need to add because it’s always needed when giving away something, just in case.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Giveaway (\”Sweepstakes\”) begins on September 13 2020 and ends on September 28 2020 (the \”Promotion Period\”).
The Giveaway is organized by Orainti SL (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at aleyda [at] orainti [dot] com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open to those who self-identify as a woman who sign-up via the comments of this post -and whose comments are approved and published- and is a minimum of 18 years old as of the date of entry (the \”Entrant\”). Only one entry per person will be accepted. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: Two 6 months accesses to Roar Together! Online training.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Orainti SL to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by adding a comment to this post, which will be accessible via the Aleyda Solis’ Website.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on September 28 2020, whose decisions are final. Only one entry per participant will be accepted.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified through the Website/Social channel provided in the Entry Information within seven (1) day following the winner selection after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept the prize within seven (7) days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), spam, junk email or any other security setting, or technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \”the Prize Claim Documents\”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
7. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Orainti SL will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such an event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
10. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The Kingdom of Spain, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Spain having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For accessing a Winner List online, visit this page. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
12. SPONSOR: Orainti SL, Calle Alcalá 73, 1ro 28009 Madrid, Spain. ADMINISTRATOR: Aleyda Solis, aleyda [at] orainti [dot] com.